Canon 6D - BAM!

So like always, my good friend and instructor Eric Cameron came down to help me on a big wedding last weekend... As he is the definition of a tech nut he has the new Canon 6D that he bought at the Photo Pro Expo this Feb. Now after seeing this camera in action... as the "frugal" camera guy, I feel it is my duty to tell you about it. FIRST AND FOREMOST you can locate a new one online for $1600! That's half the price of the Canon 5D MkIII and they're both full frame!
Secondly, in camera HDR? Uh yep.  
Multiple exposure in camera... yep. 
It even shows you the overlay of the composite in live view while you create the rest of it!!
 
Remember the focus issues with the 5DmkII? Well this camera is fast enough to focus at 1.4 on my daughter swinging. That's fast. 
 And just to knock it out of the park... here's what Eric Cameron did... This guy puts the 6D on the alter column under a plant and photographs the whole ceremony through his cell phone!!!!
 It just wasn't fair. Just like the Canon 600 series flashes that he showed me in Dover... I caved immediately and bought the camera... Eric, you're an enabler. But we take such good photos!! 

Two early findings are that it only actuates the shutter up to 1/4000 instead of the 1/8000 on the 5DmkIII and the color is different than any camera I've had so far.

No comments: